Total Lunar Eclipse

Yesterday, we were lucky in Europe - we could expect to see a total lunar eclipse. In Vienna weather wasn't perfect, and the moon had to pass a layer of clouds before it was visible. Luckily the eclipse wasn't over before.

Being close to (actually IN) a major city, the visibility of the moon wasn't perfect and I struggled with focus and exposure. The Canon EF 100-400mm was all I had to work with, which made it even more difficult. I am still pretty happy with the result.

Lunar Eclipse, June 15, 2011 © Joerg Bonner

The image was taken near the end of the eclipse, when the shadow of the earth wasn't completely covering the moons surface anymore. The moon was still glowing red and started to show a rim of white.

No comments:

Questions? Comments? Feedback?

Don't hesitate to get in touch with me! Feel free to ask me any questions regarding the images, places or whatever you want to know.